Saturday, May 19, 2007

HEARTSONG

Each has a song that is playing in the heart,
A song of hope, joy, or sadness of being apart;
The song that I heard playing in my heart,
Was a riddle, not a melody, with nary an ending, nor a start.

The riddle echoed questions in my mind,
On wanting, yearning, loving an ideal avatar;
Willing to give, risk, let go, and leave behind
All else there is, to reach that elusive star.

The riddlemaster said “it couldn’t be”,
The shadows sighed and quipped “why couldn’t it?”
I looked up and prayed, “please let it be”,
The skies growled back, “it shouldn’t be”.

The riddle went on, and so did my life,
Wondering, pondering, questioning where it would lead;
Would there be a reason for every rhyme,
Was it something I would unravel in the nick of time?

Now the riddle seems to come to an end;
The mystery now half-naked, showed a truth about to bend.
The answer lies on the crossroad in my mind,
Which path to choose, so true love I would find.

The riddle’s echoes are turning faint,
The truth so bare, leaves my soul so cold and pale.
Will there ever be a song to be sung from the heart,
A song that is true and pure from the start…

No comments: